A Roundtable to Improve Execution in Technology Commercialization
Next event: October 15-18, 2013Register
Technology Venture Development and the Technology Commercialization Office at the University of Utah host this innovative roundtable conference to share best practices among a small group of universities and companies to take university technologies to market. This small group shares ideas, processes, approaches and perspectives on what it takes to successfully inspire, promote, protect, license and market exciting new technologies.
- Forming commercialization ecosystems
- Managing academic administration
- Structuring technology commercialization
- Engaging faculty for disclosure, mentoring
- Fostering student entrepreneurship
- Responding to multiple constituencies
- Securing and managing intellectual property
- Licensing, art and science
- Facilitating startups
Commercialization Interchange participants get a hands-on experience on the final day, when they will form groups to use what they have learned to address challenges in their own organizations. Possible challenges include intellectual property, culture, administration, faculty relations or student programs. This is a great opportunity to address important questions or concerns with other professionals facing the same challenges.